Rainhill Gala funding - apply before 1st July 2013
If you think you could put some of the cash we raise at the Gala to good use then read on.....
Over the last 5 years the people of Rainhill have raised over £28,000 for charities and good causes in the local area. Each year we make a substantial donation to Willowbrook Hospice and the remainder is split between a number of local groups as smaller donations.
We are really keen to support local groups who may find it difficult to find funding elsewhere and we always look to support groups who benefit a number of people in the community. Some of the groups we have supported in the past include Rainhill Mums & Tots group, Rainhill Senior Citizens Lunch Club, Facing Life & Pain (Whiston), Rainhill United and Rocket FC's, Blackbrook Royals JRFC (St. Helens), Rainhill Model Railway Club, Retired Greyhound Trust NW and many more. Could your group be added to this growing list?
Sadly we cannot guarantee how much we can give away in any year prior to the event as the surplus depends on how well the event goes, however the Gala committee will do whatever it can to maximise the available funds. There are very few rules which we hope will encourage as many people as possible to apply:
1) Applications will only be considered if sent by email to funding @rainhillgala.co.uk or by post to Rainhill Gala, c/o Bridge Barbers, 477 Warrington Road, Rainhill, L35 4LL and are received by the closing date of 1st July 2013;
2) Applicants must represent a group, charity or organisation based within 10 miles of Rainhill Railway Station;
3) Applicants must represent a non-profit organisation that benefits a number of people within the community;
4) Applicants accept that Rainhill Gala will need to verify information about applicants which may include inspection of accounts, review of Charity information and will include a visit to a meeting of the groups organising committee and/or group meeting;
5) Applicants accept that details of the donation will be used in future marketing;
6) Applicants accept that the decision of Rainhill Gala's committee will be final and that no correspondence will be entered into.
THAT'S IT! Send an email now to funding @rainhillgala.co.uk and include as much detail as you can including the aims of your organisation, charity number (if you have one), what you will use the money for and how you benefit the community as a whole.
We will be in touch with all applicants shortly after the closing date of 1st July 2013 and we will let you know if we require any more information to help us make a decision. If you have any questions please send us an email and we will do what we can to reply as soon as possible.